Frequently Ask Questions
What sort of nanny services can I request?
You can request for either full-time or part-time nanny services. For full-time service, you can specify to have either daycare, evening or overnight nanny services depending on your needs. For daycare service from Monday to Friday, a nanny can be arranged to babysit at your residence. You may also request for part-time nanny service for a few hours (minimum 4 hours block) each day for at least 3 times a week, be it at home, hotels, or service apartments.
How much are NannyPro’s engagement fee and nanny's fee?
(A) Ad-Hoc Care : For Ad-Hoc short term assignment, it is usually charged based on hourly rate, and no engagement fee required. However, if the request is made on an urgent basis ( less than 24 hours), there is an urgent request fee of 20% on top of the total fee.
(B) Full-time & Part-Time Regular Nanny : there will be a one-time engagement fee of 20% based on the nanny’s regular fee. The engagement fee will varies according to the parent’s requirements and the type of nanny service required. Do refer to the rates
(C) For more information for live-in foreign domestic helpers, do visit our helper profile link at https://nannypro.netmaid.com.sg
How do we make a request for your service?
When is the best time for me to make a request?
You can send us your request not more than 4 weeks before your expected start date of service. For adhoc part-time babysitting service, request should reach us via email at least two day in advance.
How long does it take to find a suitable nanny for us?
That depends on your location and requirements. We will update you on the status of your request within 3 to 5 working days upon receiving your email.
Is there a minimum / contract period that we have to commit to engage a nanny?
A. Yes, For Full-time Nanny, a commitment of 1 months is required.
B. For ad-hoc, a commitment of at least 3 day of sitting at min. 4 hours per day.
Does the nanny's fee include of cooking?
Cooking for baby’s food is part of the nanny’s duties. However the cooking ingredients is usually prepared by the parents. Parents can suggest the choice of food for their child, and the nanny will do the meal plans accordingly. The nanny does not cook a family meal, however parents can request for this additional service with an additional fee.
What are the standard hours for regular weekdays care assignment?
The standard day – daily hours is 9 hours, the max per day is 10 hours. This is in accordance with MOM regulation. Parents who require a longer daily hours can be discussed with the nanny.
What are the duties of the daycare nanny / babysitter?
The typical nanny duties are infant / child related. Below are some examples.
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the child
- Establish the routine of the child
- Plan and prepare meals and bottles for, and feed, the child
- Prepare child for naps and bedtime
- Bathe the child and dress up.
- Change diapers, potty training when necessary.
- Administer medicine to child when necessary.
- With Parent’s advise, plan and lead educational activities, including reading, with the child
- Perform housework related to child-minding, including washing the children’s clothes, cleaning up after meals, tidying play areas, and washing bottle
- Light household chores if required – eg. Ironing, mop the floor, etc.
* The above is a general guide. Every assignment & routine differs accordingly. Any special care, Parents are to advise the nanny what they should do or what to take note of, such as the sleeping hours, any allergy or any signs of child not feeling well.
Do you provide Overseas Nanny Arrangement? And what are the likely costs involve? Any guarantee if nanny is suitable?
Yes, we have successful assist parents to search and place qualified confinement nanny or nanny for a short-term assignment. The countries that we have placed are: United States, United Kingdom, London, Australia, Germany etc. The duration varies base on the parent’s request. It ranges from 1 to 6 months period.
The likely costs that parents should be aware of are:
(1) Round-trip air ticket
(2) A comprehensive travel insurance
(3) Visa Fee
(4) Nanny’s well-being like food and lodging.
(5) Monthly Nanny’s Salary
(6) NannyPro’s Service Engagement Fee.
Choosing a nanny for overseas placement involve its own risk. NannyPro will ensure qualified nanny. Parents are able to conduct phone or web-cam interview with the nanny before confirming the services.
Upon arriving at the designated country, and if parents feel that the nanny services provided are unsatisfactory, a free replacement can be seek within the 1st month. NannyPro will not charge for engagement fee. However other related (1) to (3) costs, parents need to bear again.
If the nanny is homesick or requested to terminate the contract prematurely, she will be responsible for reimbursement parents for the cost of air ticket and the visa fee incurred.